Published on January 20th, 2014 | by Rachel Powell0
6 JuiceLand Items to Try at their 6th Location Downtown…and now one in Lakeway!
Sometimes you just want to enjoy a fresh and healthy smoothie. Sometimes you need the convenience of drinking superfoods on the go. Let’s be real; sometimes you need to overcome a hangover. And sometimes you want to explore the idea of a January juice cleanse, sans all the extra “goop.” Whatever the reasons, ask any Austinite what the best place to meet your juice needs, and they won’t skip a beat before telling you, “JuiceLand.” And while all those lucky bikers over by Zilker were fueling up at the Barton Springs location and the innovators were fortifying in Hyde Park, those downtown
could only dream of the sweet agave nectar that was…well, not as super convenient as it could be. Well, dream no more East Side, because this is real: Juiceland has come to you! On December 1, 2013, this newest location opened its doors on Cesar Chavez. This is JuiceLand’s sixth location in Austin, and hopefully just one of many more to come. And just as quickly as we wished for it, JuiceLand announced that their seventh location just opened in Lakeway at Lohmans Crossing and Ranch Road 620. Yay for more juice!
But now back to that downtown location: “Our team is elated to open this location, which is housed in the former Good Flow Juice factory,” said JuiceLand Founder Matt Shook. “Lots of us grew up drinking Good Flow and for us to be able to serve fresh juice to the community out of that space seems very serendipitous. Also, having lived on Holly Street for several years, I have always had a certain affection with the East Cesar Chavez neighborhood. Serving that eclectic community feels like a homecoming of sorts for me personally.”
If you haven’t been to the new location, get over there and check it out. And while you’re at it, make sure you try one of these six amazing menu items, recommended by Matt Shook himself!
1) The PowerPlant: This is what I drink every morning for breakfast. Coffee makes me edgy, irritable, and then a crash at some point, whereas Yerba Mate’ is a powerfully positive motivator. Add the OJ and it’s a complete breakfast if you are not a big morning eater.
2) The Double Rainbow Quinoa Salad: Are you kidding me? Contest over! Our Chef Dave Myers created the best grab and go salad I have ever had.
3) Originator smoothie: A drink I came up with back in 2001 while working at the Juice Joint on Barton Springs Rd. Most popular drink on our menu.
4) AppleLilly: All organic green vegetables cold pressed with a touch of apple to sweeten. This should be anyone’s gateway green juice before going all out green with a TigerLilly.
5) Medicine Man shot: When I feel a tickle in the throat or a runny nose, I take one of these shots. High success rate of keeping a full blown cold at bay.
6) Hot Lemon Ginger drop: If someone I know does have a cold, a Hot Lemon Ginger Drop delivery is received warmly (pun intended).
For more delicious options, check out JuiceLand’s site, or better yet, check out one of their locations and try something for yourself! (And of course, don’t’ forget to follow on Facebook @JuiceLandAustin and Twitter @JuiceLandAustin)